The is contraindicated during pregnancy. In case of pregnancy during treatment continued its reception should be stopped. However, most epidemiological studies have shown an increase in birth defects in children whose mothers had prior to pregnancy, and teratogenic effect of when used in early pregnancy.
The product proviron is contraindicated during breast-feeding. May interfere with lactation, there is evidence that they reduce the amount and change the composition of breast milk. Small amounts of contraceptive steroids and / or their metabolites are excreted with the milk.
Dosing and Administration How should you take must be taken orally in the order directed on the package every day at about the same time of day, if necessary with a small amount of liquid. Take one tablet per day for 21 days, starting from the yellow pellets (7 days), then move to the red tablets (7 days) and finally to white tablets (7 days). Pills from a new package should begin at 7 days after the previous one, during these 7 days menstrualnopodobnoe bleeding usually occurs. It usually starts on day 2-3 after the last tablet and may not end with the beginning of taking the pills from a new package.
How should start taking pills In the absence of prior use of hormonal contraceptive Reception tablets should be started in the 1 st day of the menstrual cycle (ie. e. in the first day of menses). You can start taking the pill for 2-5 days of the cycle, but then during the first cycle is recommended to additionally use a barrier method during the first 7 days of tablet-taking.Daylight with combined hormonal contraceptive (kombinirovnngo oral contraceptive, vaginal ring, or transdermal patch) It is advisable to start taking pills the next day after taking the last active tablet (the last tablet containing the active substances) of the previous, but not later than the next day after the usual interval of receiving active pills or receiving period tablets that do not contain hormones. In the case of a vaginal ring or transdermal patch, a woman should start taking the on the day of removal, but not later than the day that should have been introduced a new ring or make the following application of the patch. If a woman has applied the previous method of contraception consistently and is correct and if it is known that a woman is not pregnant, in this case, the woman can also go to the reception of the previous combined hormonal contraceptive on on any day of the cycle. Do not exceed recommended duration of the interval in the reception prior method of contraception. go with contraceptive containing only a progestogen ( “mini-pill”, injection, implant) or from a progestogen-releasing intrauterine system The woman receiving the “mini-pill” can go on pills on any given day; using an implant , can go to the reception daily removal of the implant; used drugs by injection – the day on which the next scheduled injection. It should be noted that in all these cases it is recommended to additionally use a barrier contraception during .
After the abortion done in the first trimester Reception tablets can be started on the day of the abortion. In this case, extra contraception is not required. After delivery or abortion done in the second trimester is recommended to start taking the pill in the period not earlier than 28 days after delivery, and not earlier than 21 days after a second-trimester abortion. If a woman starts taking these tablets later in the first 7 days, she should use an additional barrier method. It must be emphasized that, while sexual resumption before starting should exclude pregnancy or wait until the first menstrual period. What if a woman forgets to take the pill if she took any tablets proviron delayed less than 12 hours , the contraceptive reliability It is not reduced. The woman should take the missed pill as soon as you remember about it, and the next tablet at the usual time taken. If from the time when it was necessary to take any , took more than 12 hours , the contraceptive reliability may be reduced. In this case, should be guided by the following two basic rules: 1. receiving should not be interrupted for more than 7 days. 2. To ensure adequate contraceptive effect is necessary to take the tablets for 7 consecutive days. Accordingly, we can give the following recommendations:
- Week 1 (yellow tablets)
should take the last missed tablet as soon as you remember about it, even if it has to take 2 tablets at the same time. Then should continue taking the tablets as usual at the usual time. Additionally, you should use the method of barrier contraception (eg a condom) for the next 7 days. If a woman has had sexual intercourse within the previous 7 days, it is necessary to exclude pregnancy. The larger tablets were omitted, and the longer the tablet-free interval, the higher the risk of pregnancy.
- Week 2 (red tablets)
The woman should take the last missed tablet as soon as you remember about it, even if it has to take 2 tablets at the same time. She then continues to take the pills as usual at the usual time. If a woman is properly the pill for 7 days preceding the first missed tablet, additional contraceptive protection is needed. Otherwise, or if she missed more than one tablet, it is necessary for 7 days to apply additional methods of contraception.
- Week 3 (white tablets)
Contraceptive reliability may be reduced proviron due to the subsequent break in taking the drug. Therefore, when using any of the options described below, there is no need to use extra contraception if within 7 days preceding the first missed tablet, the woman took pills on time.
Otherwise, the woman should act on the first of the options below, and use within 7 days an additional method of contraception.
1. Contraceptive reliability is maintained, if the woman will take the last missed tablet as soon as soon as you remember about it, even if it has to take 2 tablets at the same time. She then continues to take the pills as usual at the usual time. Taking the pills from the next pack should start immediately after use with all tablets from the current package, t. E. Between the reception of two tablets packs should not be a break. The woman most likely will not be bleeding “cancel” before the deadline for receipt of all tablets out of the second package, but at the time of taking the pills she may have spotting or heavy bleeding.
2. It may be useful to stop taking tablets from the current package. After that, take a break from the pill for 7 days, including the days when a woman forgets to take a pill, and then begin taking pills from a new package.
If you forget to taking the drug and the subsequent absence of bleeding in the near break in the reception, should consider the possibility of pregnancy.
- Recommendations in case of gastro-intestinal disorders (vomiting, diarrhea) in the presence of severe gastro-intestinal disorders absorption may be incomplete and should take additional contraceptive measures. If vomiting occurs during the first 3-4 hours after administration of the tablet, the absorption may be incomplete. In this case, you must act according to the recommendations given above concerning missed tablets. If a woman does not want to change the usual scheme of taking the pills, she should take an extra (s) tablet (tablets) from a new package.
- How to change the term offensive menstrualnopodobnoe bleeding To delay the onset of bleeding menstrualnopodobnoe women should continue to take the white pill from another package proviron without the usual seven-day break. Thus delay menstrualnopodobnoe bleeding can be up to 1 to 7 days, t. E. Before the end of the second package of white pills. During this period, the woman may experience spotting or heavy bleeding. Admission in the usual way should be resumed after the usual 7-day tablet-free interval. It is also possible to reduce the usual tablet-free interval by the corresponding number of days. The shorter the period, the higher the risk of lack of bleeding, “cancel” and the appearance of smearing or heavy bleeding during tablet-taking from the second pack (just as when the postponement menstrualnopodobnoe bleeding).Side effect
- Thrombosis or thromboembolism (including myocardial infarction, stroke, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, thrombosis of hepatic, mesenteric, renal arteries and veins, the arteries of the retina).
- Increased blood pressure.
- Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Hormone-dependent tumors (liver tumors, breast cancer).
- Chloasma (especially if there is a history of chloasma during pregnancy).
- Acyclic spotting more often in the first months of administration.
- The emergence or worsening jaundice and / or pruritus related to cholestasis, cholelithiasis, porphyria, systemic lupus erythematosus, hemolytic uremic syndrome, chorea, herpes gestationis, hearing loss due to otosclerosis (hereditary) angioedema.
- Hypersensitivity reactions.